Make a lasting impact in Fairfield County
Fairfield County’s Community Foundation is regarded as a trusted entity for bringing together people, solutions and funding to create lasting change in our region.
Our Community Impact Fund supports this “beyond the grants” work that addresses issues too complex for any organization to tackle alone. It supports our role as a charitable hub where information, knowledge, resources and influence come together for the greater good of Fairfield County.
Contributions to the Community Impact Fund allow us to:
- Conduct regional research to define the scope of current issues and detect emerging issues
- Seek solutions working elsewhere
- Bring to the table experts, nonprofit leaders, civic officials, community leaders, and private funders to work together and adapt those solutions, take action and measure results.
Join us in making a lasting impact by contributing to our Community Impact Fund.
Why this work matters
The inequities in our region outstrip the amount of grants we alone can award.
- There are 100,000 young people ages 16 to 24 in Fairfield County who face unemployment rates between 13.6% (Bethel) and 49.5% (Bridgeport).
- Fairfield County is one of the most expensive housing markets in the country. More than 52,000 families cannot afford the rent for a two-bedroom apartment.
- To just “get by,” a single woman supporting two young children needs an income of at least $60,000. Yet women who work full-time in Fairfield County earn a median income of $48,900.
- Nonprofits are being called to serve more people today than they were before the Great Recession. In 2013, the demand for nonprofit services in Connecticut increased by 78 percent and only 43 percent of nonprofits were able to meet that demand.
Examples of solutions at work
- Thrive by 25 helps young people become self-sufficient by age 25.
- Family Economic Security Program helps women supporting dependents attain the education and skills they need to move up to jobs that pay a family-sustaining wage and begin building assets.
- PT Partners is an award-winning model program that helps public housing residents transform their lives and community from the inside-out.
- Our Center for Nonprofit Excellence provides workshops, leadership training and other resources that help local nonprofits become more efficient at making an impact.
Ready to make an impact?
Contact us today to explore options for meeting your philanthropic goals by establishing a donor advised fund with cash, stocks or securities. You can also convert a private foundation to a donor advised fund.