Sexual Assault Prevention Collaborative of Fairfield County Launching Through Fairfield County’s Community Foundation’s Fund for Women & Girls
Sep 18, 2018
Local Nonprofit Experts Partner to Combat Sexual Violence in Schools & Youth Sports
What: Keeping health and safety for women and girls at the forefront of their programs, Fairfield County’s Community Foundation’s Fund for Women & Girls (FWG) reached out to the nonprofit community’s expertise in the region for the best solutions to dismantle a growing culture of sexual violence. As a result of many months of research, exploration and in-depth discussions, FWG and a group of esteemed partners have announced the launch of their latest philanthropic initiative to address and prevent sexual violence in the region.
The Fund for Women & Girls forged an innovative collaboration among five local nonprofit organizations to combat sexual violence in Fairfield County. The partnership, made possible through a renewable grant totaling $100,000, brings together a group of experts in the field of sexual assault and domestic violence to focus on making a countywide impact. Participating organizations include The Center for Family Justice (Bridgeport); The Center for Sexual Assault Crisis Counseling and Education (Stamford); Triangle Community Center (Norwalk); Women’s Center of Greater Danbury and YWCA Greenwich.
Details of the initiative will be reviewed, and a panel conversation moderated by FWG with cohort experts will follow.
- Juanita T. James, President and CEO, Fairfield County’s Community Foundation
- Mendi Blue-Paca, Vice President of Community Impact
- Tricia Hyacinth, Director, FCCF’s Fund for Women & Girls
- Anthony Crisci, Executive Director, Triangle Community Center
- Jessica Feighan, Director of Education, Outreach, and Operations, The Center for Sexual Assault Crisis Counseling and Education
- Meredith Gold, Director of Domestic Abuse Services, YWCA Greenwich
- Kayte Cwikla, Director of Advocacy Services, The Center for Family Justice
- Suzanne Adam, Chief Operating Officer, Women’s Center of Greater Danbury
- John Marinelli, Head Football Coach, Greenwich High School
Fairfield County’s Community Foundation
40 Richards Avenue, 4th floor
Norwalk, CT 06854
Thursday, September 20, 2018 from 1:30 -2:30 PM
Questions and Photo Op to follow