As a Fairfield County nonprofit, you are an essential partner in our mission to build and sustain a vital and prosperous community where all have the opportunity to participate and thrive.
Grantmaking priority areas
The Community Foundation has adopted Results Based AccountabilityTM as a framework for articulating and measuring the changes we hope to see for our county.
We award competitive grants to local nonprofits that are addressing our key result areas in Fairfield County:
- All Fairfield County students graduate with a high school degree and are prepared for post-secondary education and employment.
- All Fairfield County older youth and young adults have training and credentials that lead to meaningful career opportunities
- All Fairfield County women and girls are economically secure, healthy and safe.
- All Fairfield County residents have safe, stable, healthy and affordable housing in communities of opportunity
For general information regarding Results Based AccountabilityTM, visit the Implementation Guide website.
“Additional opportunities for nonprofits” assistance
- You can attend low-cost, high-quality professional development workshops offered by our Center for Nonprofit Excellence
- You can participate in Giving Day, promoting 24 hours of online giving to Fairfield County nonprofits.
- You can establish an Organization Endowment fund at the Community Foundation to make your financial future more stable.
In addition, we introduce our fundholders to Fairfield County nonprofits that match their charitable giving passions.