40 Richards Avenue
Norwalk, CT 06854
Phone: (203) 750.3200
Fax: (203) 750.3232
- This event has passed.
Abundance Leadership Workshop for Nonprofit Leaders of Color
December 13, 2022 @ 9:00 am - 11:00 am
FCCF’s Center for Nonprofit Excellence, in partnership with Organizational Performance Group (OPG), is offering this special free-of-cost training to help strengthen and uplift our nonprofit leaders of color.
Join us on December 13th from 9am – 11am virtually and explore how the Abundance Leadership™ model can help you to surmount obstacles, build commitment and enthusiasm company-wide, and see the possibilities in all situations.
In this workshop, OPG will share an overview of findings about leaders who work from a scarcity mental model, versus those who work from an abundance mental model.
Scarcity leaders see the world as an inherently difficult place without enough resources. They tend to hoard information and power. Abundance leaders see the possibilities in all situations, share power, share credits, and work from an optimistic standpoint.
Which is your stance and how does it impact your staff? In addition to your self diagnoses, we’ll talk about the pros and cons of each stance and look at ways to use the better aspects of each mental model to lead staff.
This workshop combines the key learnings of our Organizational Health workshop with Abundance Leadership™. The goal is that through this workshop you will begin to develop the Abundance Leadership™ skills and tools, as well as a commitment to organizational health that will result in more effective leadership of your institution.
Explore how the Abundance Leadership™ model can help the leaders in your organization:
- Learn about the feedback method used to collect information in this model
- Apply the nineteen signs of organizational health to your specific institution – including responsibility, accountability, information flow, leadership’s energy, dealing with failure, and morale
- Learn the four leadership competency clusters that sustain organization health, with a particular
- Focus on visibility
- Discover how the four leadership competencies apply to Abundance Leadership™
- Develop next steps and tools for establishing better organizational health for your company