40 Richards Avenue
Norwalk, CT 06854
Phone: (203) 750.3200
Fax: (203) 750.3232
- This event has passed.
Essential Business Skills Series: Building Basic Finance Skills
June 9, 2016 @ 9:30 am - 12:30 pm$25
You don’t need to be a finance wiz to get comfortable with numbers! This workshop will take the mystery out of financial terms, nonprofit budgets and financial statements.
In this interactive session, we’ll walk you through the nonprofit budget process. You’ll learn how to build a basic budget and comprehend key financial terms that all nonprofit staff should understand. We will also provide an overview of financial statements and demonstrate how to use key financial ratios to assess an organization’s financial health.
By attending this workshop, you’ll gain basic financial knowledge and understand how strong financial management practices are tied to mission delivery. You’ll also:
- Increase your understanding of key financial terms
- Be empowered to participate in the budgeting process
- Gain the skills and knowledge to create a project budget
- Understand the components of nonprofit financial statements
- Generate and interpret basic financial ratios This important learning session is specifically designed for non-finance staff.
Held in partnership with Sacred Heart University.