40 Richards Avenue
Norwalk, CT 06854
Phone: (203) 750.3200
Fax: (203) 750.3232
- This event has passed.
The Right Time to Rightsize?
November 1, 2017 @ 9:00 am - 12:30 pm$45
With the ongoing challenges associated with government budgets and public spending policies at the federal through local levels, many nonprofit organizations are seeing reductions in revenue and delays in payment associated with government funding. Given the limited leverage organizations have over that particular revenue stream – as well as, in many cases, limited funding from other sources – nonprofits affected by this may need to think seriously about changing or reducing their mix or levels of program services.
This half-day training session will focus on the financial analysis and strategy associated with “rightsizing” operations in response to revenue reductions. Topics covered in the session will include:
- “Tough decisions”: What are the indicators that it may be time to consider reducing operations
- Program portfolio analysis: How to use a “mission-money” approach to identify programs and activities for potential reconsideration
- Expense analysis: How to determine the true bottom-line impact of reductions in programs and services
- “Prevention is the best cure”: How to strategically approach decisions on new funding and program opportunities to avoid future challenges
- Lessons from the field: What practitioners know (and wish they had known) based on their experiences with rightsizing
Click here to register. Organizations are strongly encouraged to bring multiple members including executive management, lead finance person(s) and board if possible.
Presented by Fiscal Management Associates.