40 Richards Avenue
Norwalk, CT 06854
Phone: (203) 750.3200
Fax: (203) 750.3232
EFFECTIVE BOARDS AND BOARD MEETINGS: YOUR QUESTIONS ANSWERED!
May 21 @ 9:30 am - 11:00 am$20
Do you sit on a nonprofit board? Are you confused about the roles and responsibilities of a nonprofit board member? Do you wonder how to make your board meetings more effective and efficient? Do you know how to use agendas, adopt resolutions, and keep minutes?
In partnership with Pro Bono Partnership, we’ve put together this in-person workshop to answer some of our clients’ most frequently asked questions. Join us to hear the answers – and bring your own questions!
TOPICS WILL INCLUDE
- Board roles and responsibilities
- Structuring your board to ensure your nonprofit is meeting its legal and fiduciary obligations
- Board-related corporate documents – agendas, minutes, resolutions
- Using committees
- The role of staff in board meetings
- Practical ideas for running an efficient and effective board meeting
Maurice K. Segall, Esq., New York and Fairfield County, CT, Program Director, Pro Bono Partnership