Looking to make the biggest impact in Connecticut and beyond with your charitable contribution? We offer you many choices for giving.
You can establish your own fund
No matter which type of fund is right for you, you establish it, name it and choose its charitable intention. We handle all of the vetting, grant processing, reporting and paperwork.
- A Donor Advised fund is an easy and cost-effective way to support your favorite nonprofits anywhere in the country, or around the world at any time you choose. Gifts to your fund qualify for an immediate tax deduction, regardless of when you decide to recommend grants. Community Foundation staff will confirm that your recommended charities meet IRS requirements and then issue grant checks to the organizations. You can log on to your Donor Central account at any time and check your fund activity and statement. Learn more.
- A Scholarship fund lets you help students realize their educational dreams, or support the schools and universities of your choice. You determine the criteria for selection of scholarship recipients, and we administer the entire process of making awards.
- A Designated fund is an ideal choice when you want to support one or more favorite nonprofits in perpetuity. Once you designate a charity, we automatically issue the grant check each year. When you endow your designated fund, your giving will provide a lasting legacy to sustain the nonprofits you select. Should any of your designated nonprofits cease to exist or undergo a change in mission, the Community Foundation will ensure that the funds are redirected to a similar organization that meets your charitable intent.
- A Field of Interest fund pools your donation with gifts from other like-minded contributors to collectively support your favorite cause or issue. You can give to any existing Field of Interest fund or establish a new fund. We award grants in perpetuity to local nonprofits that serve your chosen field of interest.
- A Discretionary fund is an ideal choice when you want to give to where the need is greatest at any point in time. Grants from these funds help communities and residents throughout Fairfield County to overcome obstacles, seize opportunities and thrive. You can establish and name an endowed discretionary fund during your lifetime, or create one through an estate plan.
- An Organization Endowment fund helps a designated nonprofit to build a stable financial future. The fund can be established by an organization, or by a donor for the benefit of an organization, to create long-term financial sustainability.
You can donate to an existing fund
Instead of — or in addition to — establishing their own fund, some donors like to pool their charitable donations with other like-minded people to make a more significant impact. They do this by contributing to one (or more) of the 590 charitable funds we manage. We can guide you in selecting an existing fund at the Community Foundation that matches your philanthropic passions and goals.
We’re here to help you make the most of your charitable contribution
Whether you wish to establish and name your own fund, contribute to an existing fund, or both, we will work with you to make your charitable giving meaningful, effective and enjoyable. By getting to know you on a personal level, our staff can help you to identify ways of giving that best fit your philanthropic goals. Call us today to begin exploring the possibilities.
Contact us for more information:
Director of Development