Why partner with us?
When you’re ready to invest in the future of your community and want to see your impact, we’re here to help you make your giving meaningful and effective—and enjoyable.
How we serve you
- We handle all of the vetting, grant processing and reporting so you can focus on your charitable passions.
- We partner with the most effective local nonprofits to create change.
- With you and other partners, we find innovative solutions to challenging regional problems.
Why choose the Community Foundation instead of creating your own foundation?
- You can create and name your own charitable fund (for example, a donor advised fund). You enjoy all of the tax advantages and flexibility of grantmaking to 501(c)(3) nonprofits in the country and similar organizations working overseas, but without the required annual payout, public visibility, legal restrictions, reporting and expenses—such as an excise tax on investment income—that come with private foundations.
Why choose the Community Foundation instead of one of the big commercial financial institutions?
- We are rooted in Fairfield County, and our staff has deep experience with the nonprofit organizations that provide services to all sectors of the community. That means we can guide you to make grants with the greatest impact.
- We like to get to know you personally. That starts when your philanthropic services advisor meets with you to learn about your charitable giving goals and then helps you develop a personalized approach to your philanthropy.
- In addition to donor advised funds, we offer many other types of funds that meet your charitable giving goals, including whether you want to give now or later, through your estate.
Your investment options
- Our investment committee is comprised of volunteers with extraordinary expertise in managing and growing portfolios for both corporate and nonprofit organizations. Our annualized rate of return last year was over 15%.
- When you’re considering establishing a very large fund, you can recommend your own Financial Advisor to work with the Foundation’s Investment Committee to manage the assets given to establish the fund. Learn more about this program here by reading our Investment Advisor Program [pdf].